Isn’t it so that the grass is always greener on the other side? Those with curls wish they had easy-to-tame straight hair while those with straight hair would kill to have a little extra waves in their tresses. Well, we’re here to dispel the myth that straight hair has to be boring.
We like to see straight hair as a blank canvas, full of potential for fun styles, cuts, and colors. With a little creativity, your straight hair can make just as big of a statement as curly hair.
It’s all about finding the ‘do that works for you, one that frames your face, compliments your features, and adds body and movement to your hair. Always remember, though, that the best hairstyle is one that makes you feel confident and beautiful. In the meantime, here’s a few of our favorite straight-haired styles for a little inspiration.
- Short and Blunt
- An edgy, sleek bob instantly elevates your look, creating interest by introducing sharp lines. This intense chop is especially good for our fine-haired gals because it maintains its density, thus creating the illusion that your hair is thicker than it actually is. Truth be told, this blunt style came into trend years ago and has never gone out of style. We can totally understand why. (photo: @smlora)
- Layers with Feathery Fringe
- Layers add oomph to straight hair by adding body and movement. For fine hair, a feathering technique can be used where a razor is used to cut the layers instead of shears. This alternative results in blended, textured layers that amp up the volume of your locks. By adding the light, feathery fringe, a little more body is added to this style, thus perfectly tying together this effortless look. (photo: @caitycaatt)
- Eye-Catching Ombre
- If you want to make a change without chopping off your precious locks, color is key. A subtle ombre can add dimension to your long tresses without weighing it down by highlighting your length. We love this type of gradient for straight hair because it particularly stands out on uncurled hair. (photo: @brittanybyrdhair)
- Go Bold with a Deep Side Part
- With straight hair, you can get away with a bold part. Side parts are universally flattering on all face shapes but can look asymmetrical with wavy or curly hair. Since straight hair lies flat, the hairstyle will still look symmetric, even with a gorgeous deep side part. Have a little fun and play around with different hair accessories like bobby pins, barrettes, and hair clips. (photo: @sohostyleofficial)
- Face Framing Lob
- Not quite short, not quite shoulder length, long bobs have been all the rage lately, especially for straight hair. This cut is easy to maintain and allows you plenty of flexibility for styles. One of our favorite ways to do up this hairstyle is by parting down and using a round brush to give yourself an at home blow out. This ‘do will not only draw attention to your face but will also had breezy movement to your locks. (photo: @sazan)