It’s that time of year again: the era of pumpkin spice lattes, football, and crunchy leaves. That’s right, it’s officially fall and we couldn't be more excited.
I don’t know about you but for us, seasonal transitions always seem to make us want to change up our hairstyles. After all, with a brand new season comes a brand new set of trends. While a lot of the same fads have stuck around from fall to fall, we’ve certainly seen some newcomers lately.
If you’re thinking about getting a whole new fall look, check out some of our favorite hairstyles we’ve been watching this fall!
- Tie it Back - Scarves aren’t just for keeping you warm! Grab a silk scarf and tie it around your ponytail for an effortless upgrade to a classic look. (Photo: @smilingandtraveling)
- Fun Bun All the Way - We love this look for second, third, fourth day hair! Tease the top for a bit of extra volume and throw your hair up in a half up, half down fun bun for a playful look. (Photo: @bresheppard).
- The Dark Side - Darker hues are easier to maintain and tend to compliment fall’s colors, making this season the perfect time to deepen your shade if you’ve been on the fence for awhile. We’re loving this ashy, chestnut ombre look. (Photo: Pinterest)
- Braided Updo - There’s just something about braided hairstyles that feel so right in the fall. This effortless updo for short hair happened to particularly caught our eye. (Photo: @miyuwada)
- Low, Messy Bun - Easy to throw together in a pinch, this look is will protect your tresses when the cool, autumn winds blow. If we’re ever a rush, you best believe we’ll be rocking this style. (Photo: Pinterest)
- Fishtail Braids - Although fishtails aren’t any more difficult to throw together than a regular braid, their unique weave makes them so much more unique. If you’re looking for an easy way to change things up, try out a fishtail braid next time! (Photo: @sarahangius)
- Layered Bob - If you’re ready to make the cut, layered bobs are all the rage right now. This type of cut minimizes the amount of effort that goes into maintaining the look while still adding dimension. Not to mention, the way your locks are cut leaves your hair feeling incredibly thick. (Photo: @ohhellohair)
- Beachy Waves with Long Bangs - There’s been a recent resurgence in hippie inspired hairdos like this one. Frankly, we’ve been loving the softer silhouettes that this trend has brought along. Try it out for yourself! (Photo: Pinterest)
- Play with Barrettes and Baubles - Unleash the inner pre-teen within. Okay, all jokes aside, we love this whimsical trend. There’s something so chic about pairing a simple outfit with a stunning hair pin. (Photo: @mykitsch)
- Blunt A-Line Chop - This style is shorter in the back and gradually gets longer as it moves to the front, tapering to frame your face. A-Line cuts are universally flattering with their lines beautifully drawing attention to your face. For best results, use a round brush to really amp up the volume. (Photo: Pinterest)